Ok, so I LOVE Oprah. I have been a fan for years! It's always been somewhat of a therapy session watching her show but I don't have to pay for it. I watched her finale last night and here's a few things that stuck out at me. I actually want to watch it again because there is alot of really good things that she spoke of that I'm sure I didn't catch. I very much respect the person she is and more importantly, I respect the motivation that she has given me. If you haven't seen this final episode, I highly recommend it!
"Please take responsibility for the energy you bring to this space."
~Dr. Jill Bolt Taylor
(Oprah spoke of how important it is that we realize our responsibility in how we act/interact with the world around us and that we are responsible for the "energy" we present. I loved this because I realize even though I may have a bad day, months or even the last 7 years, I need to show responsibility in what energy I'm putting out to the people around me every day. I'm not going to make any one's day brighter or better if I'm sulking in my own self pity of problems and hard ships. I just need to remember this. I guess it goes back to a little experiment that Jayden and I did a few weeks ago. We decided one morning to pick 10 random people and smile at them, say hello and see how many of those 10 people smile back. Jayden had 9 of the 10 people smile back at him and I had 10 for 10. We can make a difference. Our energy does make a difference.)
"Don't wait for someone else to complete you. Jerry Maguire was just a movie."
~Oprah
(enough said)
"We often block our own blessings because we don't recognize we're worthy enough.
You're worthy because you were born. You alone are enough.
You're worthy because you were born. You alone are enough.
I trust that everything happens for a reason, even if we are not wise enough to see it.
Try saying to your loved ones: "I see you. I hear you. And what you say matters to me."
Your life is speaking to you. What does it say?
Everybody has a calling, and your real job in life is to find it."
Everybody has a calling, and your real job in life is to find it."
~Oprah
No comments:
Post a Comment