"O God, where art thou?"
~Joseph Smith
I have pondered this saying above so many times in the last several months. I have said it aloud, whispered it in my heart, screamed it at the top of my lungs. I have thought it, dreamed it and wrestled with it. Oh how cruel a world can be and yet as I sit here typing I have come to a realization that is as simple as the words themselves sound. God is all around us. Both my kids over the last month and half have been taking the missionary discussions for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I was born and raised in the church and my testimony has always been present, not always strong at times, but always there. I know, and always have that it's teachings are true. The people in it are not always perfect but the basic principles are true.
I watched my daughter, Mckelsie and my son, Jayden baptized and I have been filled with emotion. I have had so many thoughts throughout the day yesterday and this morning that I had to put them down somewhere, so....here they are.
God is all around us. Just when I had thought and even surrendered to, thinking life just may not be worth living anymore, I must look up, look for good and if I ask the question one more time as I'm sure I'll ask many more times in my lifetime; "O God, where art thou?", I am answered. He is there in my girlfriends. He is there in the neighbor, sweet sweet grandmother. He is there in my mother and father. He is there through my children. He is there in the coworker that sits next to me. He is there through someone else's trials. He is there through the missionaries that haven't a clue of my struggles. He is there through a boyfriend. He is there through a trusted friend and counselor. I have told myself for years and truly believe that if we do as Christ would do, try to treat others as Christ would have, we will find peace. Well, my children and parents and girlfriends and friends are doing just that, being like Christ would be to me. God is there through others. My angels.
How blessed I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment