I had a friend tell me today, "You've been very blessed in your life to have received such an array of experiences." I'm still trying to grasp the concept of my experiences being blessings (it will be a continual effort). I am certain that I would likely trade, at a moments notice, all of my experiences for the "normal" life.
Now this one friend, on the outside, looks as though he has it all. Extremely intelligent, beautiful wife and five very bright handsome boys. He's extremely accomplished here at work and all that I know who know him, respect him. He seems well balanced in all his thinking and acting. You would not at all think that he would know the struggles I've faced but in some small way, he gets it. I guess it's solidified my thinking that you don't always have to go through the crap yourself, that you can learn from others crap. However, perhaps, he was just born with the gift to look outside himself. I have several close friends that fit this category....oh how truly blessed I am.
I am so grateful for people that care enough, past themselves, to try to help others. I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father put true friends in my path and has allowed me to meet some amazing people. If it were not for my experiences, perhaps my friendships would not be the same (as they have been and are today) and to that I am blessed.
Thank you my friends for always being there for me, through my pity parties, happiness, regret and most of all, my life.
We love you!!!
ReplyDelete