I heard the song, "The Truth" by Kris Allen the other day and there's a line in the song that says; "Stop pretending that it's not ending and let the end begin". There is a time in life when we have to surrender to the idea of a bigger picture. I can prepare for the fight and get through the fight, sometimes barely standing (more like, lying helpless, lifeless and barely breathing) but need to realize that perhaps my lesson is letting the end begin. The bigger picture I cannot see but know and believe that God has this picture, maybe in his living room, and knows what I do not. I know He does watch over me and need to trust in his bigger picture.
When everything went down with my ex husband (I say this phrase alot in talking about my ex and his life changing decisions) I remember a social worker talking to me after I had just found out that my husband of almost 9 years had been arrested for child sexual abuse. He asked what I was going to do next. My response was; "Keep breathing".
Sometimes, in the bigger picture of life, to just keep breathing is all we can do.
No comments:
Post a Comment