Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Heart Is Open

Yesterday was exactly one year that Randy and I went out on our first date.  After his 500 emails, that were so sweet and funny and seeing the cute picture of him and Camryn in front of a garden of tulips, I couldn't resist and we met for breakfast at Ruth's Diner in Emigration Canyon.  We went up last week because Randy wanted to take some pictures of us...one year later.  Maybe we'll make it a tradition every year at this time.  Several times a week Randy texts me song lyrics that remind him of me.  This song below is one of the first songs that he made a point to have me listen to, and then the rest is history!  I feel so very blessed to have him in my life and being able to enjoy our children together.  I especially feel gratitude that Mckelsie and Jayden will grow up with a father like Randy everyday in our home.  I feel a bit of heartache when I think about Brendan, Camryn and Carter and that Randy doesn't have them with him everyday like Mckelsie and Jayden.  My cup runneth over though when I think about Brendan, Camryn and Carter being apart of my family and the gift I've been given in being apart of their lives.  Being that divorce situations are never easy, I will be grateful for the fact that Randy has such a good relationship with Brendan, Camryn and Carter and has allowed me to share in that. 

For now, here are the lyrics that make me love
My Randy every time I hear them:

My Heart Is Open

I thought I was doing all right being alone



I swore I’d never let somebody get close again

I was never gonna let my guard down

Not for anyone

But there’s a light in your eyes and it’s got me moving’ in

And tonight these walls are all coming down



And my heart is open

I’m letting you in

Cause you give me a reason and the faith I’ve been needing to start again

And your love is healing

I’m finally breathing

I’ve been waiting so long hoping for this moment

My heart is open



These days it seems like everybody’s just walking away

Like there’s no forever and love is just a game

But don’t you know you can believe me when I say that I’m your man

[From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/k/keith-urban-lyrics/my-heart-is-open-lyrics.html]



My heart is open

I’m letting you in baby

Cause you give me a reason and the faith I’ve been needing to start again

And your love is healing

I’m finally breathing

I’ve been waiting so long hoping for this moment

My heart is open



I can’t wait anymore, no no

Because I’ve got nothing left to prove

And I’ve got so much left to use

That’s why I’m tearing out the walls and baby I’m kicking down the doors



And your love is healing

Baby, I’m finally breathing

I can hear you calling, I’m ready to fall in love again

My heart is open

My heart is open

My heart is open





No comments:

Post a Comment