We found out about a basketball clinic that West High was putting on for just four days but the great part is that it was only $20!!! Monday through Thursday last week, two hours a day, Jayden (AND Carter on Tuesday....Yeah!!! He was so excited!) went up to West High Field house and got pointers from coaches and West High basketball players on how to play the game.
Jayden didn't want to go at first, I think somewhat burned out from the Baseball season, but we talked him into and he LOVED it! So glad he went.
Here's a little conversation Jayden and I had on the first day of the clinic when I picked him up. We were walking out of the building, back to the car and one of the kids that had just finished playing with him for the past two hours nodded his head to Jayden and said "See ya". Jayden didn't respond. I quietly told Jayden, hoping he just hadn't heard the boy what he had said. Jayden responded; "I know". I was surprised by his response and gave a few minute (promise, it was just a few minutes) lecture on how to make friends...... YOU HAVE TO TALK TO OTHER PEOPLE!!!!
When I picked him up on Wednesday and were walking out of the building, Jayden said; "Hey Mom! I talked to the other kids the WHOLE time!" Geeze I was a proud Mom! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment