Spring Break
So, I decided to take the week of Spring Break off with my kids. I though it would be a very useful break from work for me and nice to do some fun activities with the kids.
DAY 1: We started out our Spring Break by going to the Discovery Gateway. We should've gone somewhere else becuase I realized as I was watching my kids meander about, they are too old for most of the things in the joint. My kids were more facinated by the gift shop! I should've just went in there, bought something and most likely would have spent the same amount of money.
Second, we went and saw the movie, "How to Train a Dragon". It was the cutest movie I've seen in a really long time for kids. Lots of really good humor, a good story and intriguing charachters.
DAY 2: We started by going to see the movie "Alice in Wonderland". It was really good! I would recommend it to anyone, just a really great show. I'll be buying it when it comes out on DVD. After that, we went rollerskating at the Hollywood Connection. I had more fun watching the kids skate than myself skating, but I did get out there and skate a little bit. I invited Sam and his kids as well and I was glad they came. It makes it much more fun with other people. The real big kicker was that it only cost me $4 for the three of us! $2 Tuesday with $1 off if you have your own skates. Mckelsie and Jayden were sweating up a storm too! Watching Mckelsie dance to music while skating was priceless.
DAY 3: We played outside, went to the park, went to lunch at Cafe Rio (one of our favorites).
DAY 4 & 5: I went out to lunch with my good friend Janalynn, which we don't do very often. I absolutely love her and am so grateful for our friendship. I'm not sure how she does it, but she never judges, listens and genuninely cares.... I love her! I also hit the nail salon with Kayanne. Another good friend that I don't get to hang out with often enough. She even rolled out a late night with me and got away from her kids so that we could watch "This is it" (Michael Jackson movie). So old school but so good for my soul! The rest of the time we just hung out around home and relaxed. I did a little yard work and laundry. It was just nice to really relax!
Now, I'm so so so so so glad that they are back in school! YEAH! (I'm not so glad to be going back to work.... I'd had liked to take one more week off by my self!)
(and I mean CONSTANTLY) falling down. But, he would get right back up and start again.
I don't think that I saw him cry once!
Mckelsie was in heaven! She loved rollerskating so much! She was so sweaty by the time we left! I could've just sat and watched her happiness all night long! I love my girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment