Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Skate Kid....


Jayden has been learning to skateboard, and he's LOVING it!  I've always thought that it's kind of sad how good kids can get at skateboarding and their parents never see it or realize the effort and determination  it takes to do some of the tricks they do.  You don't have a skateboard team at high school or little leage skateboard at the recreational buildings....it's a sport that parents don't see.  We've been taking Jayden over for about a month now, seems a couple times a week (atleast once a week) and his dad, Mike, built him a little ramp (that I'm sooooooo excited to have in my backyard!!!!) that he practices on.  He's gotten so much better in just a month and it's fun to see how excited he gets about it all.  We even got him to trade in the Call of Duty XBOX game for a Skateboard game, which is SO much better!  Randy's a little worried that he's going to hurt himself really bad but Jayden is such a cautious kid, I think he'll be ok.  Plus, it's something that he is showing a lot of interest in and is actually practicing on his own!  He is really cute to watch.  Randy got a bunch of great photo's of him last night so I'll have to post those here over this week. 

Carter is too cute as well with Jayden.  He wants to be just like Jayden and yet is so timid and cautious about getting hurt and he seems so little out there in that big skate park!  I'm sure he'll gain some confidence here soon though because every other sport he plays he's fearless!  Randy took some pics of him too that I'll post soon.  I just had this pic of Jayden on my phone so it was easy to post really quickly.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment