Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sign Project - AND ALL THE KIDS HELPED!

Randy came up with this brilliant plan to create a sign with old boards, having the kids pick a few of their favorite or dream destinations and painting it all their creativity!  At first it was hard for me to see Randy's vision but soon (ok, I finally gave up my "control freak" nature and rolled with it) it all started to come together.  The kids picked their pointed edged designs and cut their boards, then over the next few days we painted the boards and finally began writing our destinations.  Mckelsie loved looking up the distances for each destination on Google Maps so we could include the miles it would take to get to each place.  Camryn was the Queen of the paint and really all of the kids really got into the spirit of it.  It was a lot of work but so much fun to do with all the kids.  The final product is really, I must say, pretty dang cool! 


Camryn is working her skills (and scared out of her mind) on the skill saw!
Camryn's fake smile....she's scared out of her mind!
Camryn's got it now....  she's ready for some bigger projects now!
Randy made a believer out of me.  Not only can he fix your illnesses, he's a handy man.

Handy Randy!

Jayden and Camryn got "a little" messy while painting the boards!



I was feeling patriotic....


Brendan, very proud of the few places he picked!  Might I point out his really lovely artwork as well...
with the Seattle Stratosphere!
I think this was Randy's favorite part!  See Mckelsie at the side of him on the computer looking up
the distance for one of the signs?
We all LOVE the Cabin!!!!  Nice pick Carter!  He even wrote it all by himself (mostly). 
I never knew Mckelsie wanted to go to Italy.  When I asked her why she wanted to go there, she said;
"Because they have a lot of good food there!  Spaghetti, lasagna and pizza! Oh, and cool old buildings!". 
Jayden did one for Goblin Valley, a place he loved and one for the skate park which we carefully crafted to look just like a skate board from the side view.  It turned out pretty good!


Our finished project! 

1 comment: