Saturday, August 29, 2009

More of Bridger Campout

Lily Pads....if only I had a better camera to capture them. I love em!
The little lake is laced with lily pads.
Patti, Mitch's mom, Jason, Baby Isabella, Alex
Grandpa Wes, Grandma Vickie, Jason and Baby Isabella
Alex, Lucas and Jake
Aunt Kellie and Aunt Patti
Lilly, Mckelsie and Melina
Lilly, Mckelsie, Rebecca and Melina
Grandpa Wes and Jayden fishing. Made the trip just perfect for Jayden.
I took a walk around the lake. The views are just beautiful. I took time to reflect on life and just how fortunate I am to be able to enjoy times like this.
I've got to get a better camera....and take a photography class!



Grandma Vickie
A group of us took a walk around the lake.
Jayden's proud catch. He loved gutting the fish (or watching Grandpa Wes do it).
Ummm...not afraid to touch it either. Mom was grossed out!
Picture Perfect

I know...I'm a little weird, but I loved the fence!

We had just one catastrophe...Mckelsie fell off of a rock. Lucky for her Grandma Vickie and Uncle Bill were there to take care of her. Mckelsie sure did milk it though and used a walking stick to help her get around.
Ouch!!
Aunt Pattie's masterpiece.

Grandpa Wes and Grandma Vickie

Gazing wistfully up into the tall pines

I admire the beautiful whisperings

embedded within the limbs as they sway.

I can imagine what they must be breathing for

and I long for that kind of freedom.

My life, full of whisperings of my own

many stories of others breaths intertwined with mine.

What have these tall beings seen?

How do they still manage to keep their secrets?

If only they could share the truths, lies and stories written beneath them.

I can imagine many wonderful and glorious things,

shared moments between friends and family.

I'm positive they've seen pure simple love communicated

in a look between two people or a smile to a little one.

Smiles, playful laughs and tearful goodbyes

sit idly along their branches.

To some, the wind simply blows through the forest,

but I believe the pines truly hold my whisperings

tightly within their realm for future viewing and reminiscing

when I come back every year to visit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment