Thursday, July 2, 2009

Welcome to the Family....Hurley!

After a long search and lot of bugging from Jayden we finally found a dog. His name is Hurley and is a year old Shih Tzu. He has lots of energy but most of the time is not overly energized. It was really fun when I surprised the kids with him. We got him from a family that lives out in Syracuse and on a Wednesday evening we went out to get him. I didn't tell the kids where we were going or what for but gave them hints during the drive.

Hint #1: Brave (for Mckelsie's sake)
Hint #2: Soft
Hint #3: Responsibility
Hint #4: White
Hint #5: Friend

Jayden guessed a dog about hint #3 but I didn't let him know he was right until we pulled up to the house to look at Hurley. Jayden was obviously very excited but true to Mckelsie she was not very happy. She kept saying... "The dog is going to kill me. The dog is going to bite me. I'm going to kick the dog." I felt bad for the previous owners.... I'm sure they thought, "oh no... I hope they're good to Hurley!". On the drive back home Jayden tried to get Mckelsie to admit that atleast Hurley was cute... she didn't quite give in however she was calling everyone she knew a number to to tell them that we had just gotten Hurley. Now, Hurley prefers to be around Mckelsie, follows her around everywhere and even sleeps with her. Mckelsie just adores him. She still gets irritated with him when he barks but really loves him. Jayden has taken the responsibility of training him with the help of our newly bought DVD on how to train dogs. He's doing a great job and will have him trained in no time. I'm truly more excited and happy with him than I thought I would be. I think that it's going to be really good for our family to have Hurley.

For the summer, Grandpa Steve has agreed to allow Hurley to come over to their house with the kids and I personally think that Grandpa Steve really doesn't mind it so much although he wouldn't say so. The kids get to play with him all day which they have loved!

Welcome to the Family Hurley!

PS. The previous owners of Hurley named him after one of the characters in the TV series "Lost". At first I didn't really care for the name but it has grown on me and so we've decided to keep the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment