Dr. Carbone,
Hope you're doing well and ready for the 4th of July!
I just wanted to give you an update for Mckelsie. With the increase to the Klonopin that we have done in the last few weeks it actually seems to be helping a bit to stabilize her moods and help with anxiety. I don't think that we're out of the woods but I think we may be headed in the right direction. Perhaps just a little higher dose in future might prove to further helpful... I don't know. We do need a refill for this prescription due to the increased dose. Would you be able to have your office call in a prescription to the Pharmacy or perhaps I can just call your offices and ask them to do so. Let me know what works the best for you.
As far as other aspects of working with her and her behaviors I've been trying a few different things at home. She does well with routines and if they are consistent. I've tried to help engage in more activities with kids her age that are progressing normally and I believe that will help in her moods as well. We just got a dog and after much obvious dislike from Mckelsie she seems to be warming up quite nicely to him. I'm hoping that this will give Mckelsie an outlet in having something to take care of and provide self esteem in being able to take care of him. Plus he's really taken a liking to Mckelsie and even sleeps with her at night with which Mckelsie has amazingly welcomed. I'm hoping that this will be a really good tool for Mckelsie.
On a bad note, I received word from your offices that my insurance is not going to cover your visits. I even tried going to the mental health plan that I have through my employer, Wells Fargo and they said that your are not on their authorized persons/doctors listing. We have seen you in November and then again in May. We have an appointment on July 7th as well. The bill for each visit without insurance is quite high and I cannot afford it being a single mom with the full financial responsibilities of our household. Would you have any suggestions as to what I can do? I have really been grateful for your help and feel very lucky to have you have the ability to correspond with Dr Fillioux directly as well. I really don't want to have to start over with another doctor and wouldn't even know where to go.
I have still not had any luck with the SSI. I'll continue trying as it would be beneficial for us if we qualify.
I have talked to the School Psychologist for Salt Lake City School District and am not hopeful of their help. He wasn't too anxious to help nor did he think that Mckelsie was having issue's at school that really warranted this assessment for Autism. He did say that they would start the testing at the beginning of school. I explained to him that there was behavioral issues at school as well as at home and that she exhibits Autism behaviors. I told him that my goal was to be able to have the "label" so that she would be eligible to additional therapies while at school and his reply was that it didn't really matter her 'label" that she would still most likely be receiving the same resources. I mentioned a few therapies such as Occupational Therapy and he did concede that they do have that kind of therapy available... I'm planning on just staying on them about it and hopefully any additional help would be appreciated and warranted. Frustrating though...
Thanks again for all your help!
Rebecca
No comments:
Post a Comment