Wells Fargo has this really cool opportunity that they allow their team members to do, community service! The last two years I've been able to participate in a program called, Jr. Achievement where the volunteer goes into the elementary school to teach a handful of lessons to the students. The first year I did 5th grade and luckily was able to teach my son Jayden's classroom. This year I did 1st grade in the same school and even though it wasn't Jayden's classroom, his current teacher allowed to have him help me for the last class. He was adorable, taking charge of the lesson and explaining how jobs help us in taking care of our "wants" and "needs".
What an awesome group of kids! There were so many bright kids that stood out and I enjoyed the excitement they had each time I came. The teacher was very gracious and patient with me which I greatly appreciated! My favorite part is just getting to know the kids and interacting on a fun/general level. It was fun to ask them about their weekends or have them raise their hand to answer a question and then they didn't even know the answer. I loved how when they raised their hand, it was almost always preceeded with a "oh, oh, oh.... ". There are a lot of unique names out there too!


No comments:
Post a Comment