Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Camping / North Fork 2011

"Camping: Nature's way of promoting the motel industry."

~Dave Berry


We headed up Ogden Canyon for some camping in North Fork. I had only been once last year and it was a very fast last minute trip so my memory of the place was vague. I wasn't familiar with what other things were around the campground but during this trip we found out! The country around North Fork, Eden and Liberty Utah are absolutely beautiful. So many old barns and cute little houses (by cute and little I mean: beautiful, some extravagant and rather large). Pineview Reservoir is just minutes from the campground and we found a pretty awesome place that had a little "beach" area. We played in the water both days, buried kids in the sand and built sand castles. This was the second time I've taken my trailer out so I ended up cursing it a few more times than I normally would.....trying to figure out how everything worked (next time should be smoother). We had great company with us which made the trip that much better, Randy and his three kids, Brendan, Camryn and Carter. It's amazing how helpful it is to have a few strong guys around. Mckelsie's unhappy face is so funny....moreso because she wasn't even unhappy!




I think camping is a little bit like childbirth though....I always forget how much work it is to go and clean up from and find it a miracle that I even want to do it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment