Sunday, August 8, 2010

Delta, Utah - Visit to Grandma Alice's

I couldn't resist taking a picture of this beautiful sunset.
I wished I had a nice camera!

We should've left this doggy home!

Jayden in front of Grandma Alice's house. It was actually a very pleasant
summer day in Delta. Windy as usual but enjoyed a bit of a rain storm.
As my Grandma Alice would say, "Three generations..."
My mom Sharlene, my Grandma Alice and me.
Jayden, Grandma Alice, Rebecca & Mckelsie
(Maggie, Grandma's dog in the front)

Whose feet are bigger?

Grandma Alice & Jayden

You see alot of the next few pictures here in Delta. I don't particularly think it's a very pretty place. Apparently this particular shack was, years ago, the home of a good family friend "Emery" as Grandma Alice and my Mom call him. The Spor's took him in and invited him into their home and family.


Delta Utah Cemetary:
Jacob is my cousin, son of my Uncle Kim and Aunt Ginny. He was just three years older than me. I've heard many stories of the little guy. I stood looking at his headstone and all the other's around in awe. How much loss we deal with in this life with no guarantee of what is to follow this life. It's all upon faith that you believe in living beyond this earthly experience. When someone dies, especially your child, how it must ache. Jacob was an adorable boy.
My Uncle Kim

My Great Grandparents on my Mom's side. I hadn't noticed before but they died within a few months of each other. Apparently my great grandfather said that since he and his wife were married they had never been apart at Christmas time and he wasn't about to let that happen after all those years
(according to my Mom).

No comments:

Post a Comment