Friday, May 28, 2010

Going to West...Hot Dog Roast

WEST HIGH
I went with a group of special ed students from the Middle School up to West High to meet the teachers, get to see the school and meet their fellow students. I am so very humbled....words just can't express it. How grateful I am and should be for what I have and what I don't. We often take for granted the little things, I know I do, but seeing the students there with so many simple daily challenges is extremely humbling. It makes my "hard" days seem miniscule in comparison. There are several kids that Mckelsie will continue going to school with, as 10 from Northwest will be going up to West with her. The teachers all seem very nice however I'm really going to miss Mckelsie's teacher and aides so much. They have been such an amazing influence, mentor, friend and teacher to both Mckelsie and I. I feel so blessed to have had such good people caring for my daughter. People that truly care for her education, well being and most importantly her self confidence. They have been a tremedous infulence in developing her self confidence and for that I'll always be grateful.

Mckelsie's friend Brandon and a current West student, Derrick.

Brandon & Derrick

Mckelsie and some friends.

Mckelsie and her friend Tyson were filling up water balloons
so that I could go get their teachers!

Me and some of the gang...


Take two...

Mckelsie's friends... Jenny, Mckelsie, Nelly, Estephanie, Munira and Brandon.

Jr., Miss Lorrie, Mckelsie, Derrick and Miss Kimm
(Mckelsie would call Lorrie "Orton" and Kimm "Lasatani")
Mckelsie and Miss Kylie

Note: Please forgive me if I mispelled any names!!

3 comments:

  1. I hope it is ok that I am going to steal these pictures off your blog. They are just too "CUTE". I am so glad you came, it was fun having you there. Even if you got me wet...payback is never fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. If Mckelsie would smile i wouldnt have to force one out of her!! Ha Ha it looks like im abusing her!! its horrible i love that girl im gonna miss her:(

    P.S.S this is kylie not kevin:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorrie, steal all you want!

    Kevin (aka: Kylie)I'm glad someones forcing her to smile!

    I really am going to miss all of you and for certain Mckelsie will. That's all we've talked about for the last four months! Mckelsie and I are so blessed! Thank you for all you do and the people you are!

    ReplyDelete