Sunday, January 31, 2010

Myrtle Beach

Myrtle Beach
I was able to attend a training for work in Myrtle Beach this last week....I know rough huh! Myrtle Beach is in South Carolina and the average temperate was about mid 50's. The beach was absolutely beautiful and I took several long walks during my week stay. I was able to eat at some fun (and very good restaurants) do a little shopping on my down time (scored some really great deals too!!!) and took a tour of their boardwalk shops. It would be such a nice place to visit in the summer months but I'm sure very crowded too. Lots of fish/seafood places to eat as well. The training itself was great....with an instructor that was able to keep your attention. I learned alot and hopefully will be able to apply it here in my work environment (making my job easier in the long run!). I feel quite fortunate to have been able to receive the opportunity to go!
I absolutely postively LOVE the Beach!!!


These CatFish were all over in a pond that was in the middle of a Boardwalk Outdoor Shopping Mall. They are so ugly!
On the last day....savoring the views.


I totally took my own picture. I just learned (from some guy at the training) how to set the timer on my camera. Worked out pretty good.

In between classes.... I think I could get used to a place like this very easily!


The Boardwalk Outdoor Shopping Mall

I almost bought them.... they were very tempting.

This was our class. Two folks from M&T Bank, one from Bank of Mellon, one from Regions and four of us from Wells. We went to lunch at this really REALLY good fast food restuarant, The Steak and Shake. The burgers there were so good. It was set up like an old fifty's diner. They sat you, took your order and served you. It was kinda cool and not expensive at all.

I had alot of fun taking different pics......

The ocean view just feet from the hotel.


I wanted to brave the water (it was kind of warm) but choose not to..... This place would be a great place to go though in the summer season. It was absolutely beautiful!!

We actually stayed in Condo's that were within walking distance from the conference rooms. It was like it's own personal community with the beach just feet away.
One morning on my way to the daily training. There were these little ponds all over the grounds and boardwalks to cross over them. There was green tree's still and flowers!!! I loved it!

1 comment:

  1. wow! Have you thought about being a photographer? Next time i need pics taken I'm calling you up!

    ReplyDelete