After having recently been married and following many (dang near 7 years) years of being alone and divorced, I cannot believe how lucky I am, how blessed I am to have found Randy. I've learned a lot of lessons, shed a few (ok, a TON ) tears and had a whole bunch of laughs over those long, lonely years. I had people come and go in my life, lift me up and bring me down, talk some sense into me and listen to my two cents, found religion and lost it only to find it again....
What am I trying to say here...????
I am grateful to have had the experiences I've had. Don't get me wrong....I don't want to go through any of it again, EVER, but I am grateful to have had those experiences to help me focus more clearly on the good and what I want to get out of this life.
What is most important to me right now? My kids and also equally, my husband. I realize now too that our relationships, close relationships are so vitally important to our happiness and well being. Our kids use much of our unconditional love and rightfully so. Our spouses are more of an every day decision that we ourselves have to decide to make. We definitely can reach an "unconditional love" status with our spouses, however, the daily decision for them to come first, focus on them and to provide them a safe haven in our hearts is something that I have learned to do because of my experiences.
Living for so many years without a spouse and having gone through what I have gone through I believe has helped me become a better wife. I apparently am very stubborn and had A LOT to learn because it did take me so long to find Randy but I now truly believe that it was worth it....Randy is amazing!
**disclaimer: I still have A LOT more to learn, I promise. I also don't know what I would've done without the people that supported me all those years, my parents and girlfriends, the guy at work and many others that perhaps didn't even realize that they were helping me.
No comments:
Post a Comment