Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Ladies


My girlfriends, ladies, girls..... What would I do without them!!??!!

Karen, Melissa and I have been friends for nearly 10 years or so.  We all met through a neighbor of mine and began getting together for lunches with the kids.  We've had other friends apart of our little lunches which turned into "Girls Nights", late night phone calls, laughing fits, shoulders to lean on, houses to clean, kids (and maybe husband(s) ) to complain about and great food to share.  The only ones to stick through it all, to always show up were the three of us.  Now 10 years later, we've all moved away from our original neighborhood meeting place and Karen is now moving REALLY far away.... Chicago!  The lunch dates will be a bit harder to pull off but knowing our friendships over the past years we'll still be a big part in each others lives.  We have had so much fun, been through some amazing things together and I feel blessed to call both Melissa and Karen my friends.  I know without a doubt that my Heavenly Father helped our worlds come together to build each other, love each other and most of all learn from from each other.

I am SO excited for Karen's new adventure and the "Girls Weekends" that we now will get to have! 

I love you girls!!! 

"Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things."
~Author Unknown

"A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked."
~Author Unknown

"The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart." ~Elisabeth Foley


"She is a friend of mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order. It's good, you know, when you got a woman who is a friend of your mind."
~Toni Morrison, Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment