Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Naples, Florida

Naples, Florida
I had the opportunity to go and visit one of my clients at their offices in Naples. Even though it was a very fast day trip and the flights were the WORST part, the weather was beautiful and it's always nice to eat good food. We rented a car and on our way from the airport to our hotel we rolled the windows down, played softy music up loud and turned the heater on. It's always alot of fun with Brad when you're traveling with him but with Brent it was quite heeeellllarrriousss! Good times! The only bad part was that the humidity was murderous on your hair!

My colleagues, Brad and Brent reluctantly joined me down at the beach for a late night (not a thing at all visable) view of the ocean.

When we arrived, we went to the "Parrot Key" for dinner. Apparently everyone in Naples is over the age of..... 65 and really loves Elvis impersonators! Really, we were the youngest people in the restaurant except for the waiters. Brad, Brent and I all joked that it felt like we were in the movie "Cocoon".

Just outside the restaurant, there was a dock with hundreds of boats. It was really facinating to look through the many different kinds from a little tiny motor boat to a gondola to a pirate ship and finally to huge (extremely expensive and lavish) yachts.

The pirates even let me take a picture with one of them. I think he kind of liked me....


I want to ride in one of these one day....but in Vienna!

Wished I had a better camera. The view, even though dark, was really beautiful. The weather there too was absolutely perfect....mid 70's.



No comments:

Post a Comment