Thursday, June 17, 2010

8th Grade Promotion...

I cannot believe that my little girl is going to High School. It was so surreal as I sat in the audience watching all of these 8th graders "graduate".
I remember when Mckelsie was just a little baby (although it really seems like my memories are fading now more and more) and when she was a toddler. She was the happiest little thing. Her hair was the prettiest blonde and full of big beautiful curls (once it finally grew....she had her first haircut when she was 3 years old). She had her own language for a long time, which even though it proved frustrating, was very cute. She loved to arrange things (ropes, rocks, chalk etc) in certain orders (...and no one messed with "her" order), wasn't sure about a new baby brother (I remember her asking if she could sit on Jayden), LOVED (and still does) the water, wore swimming goggles everywhere, loved oatmeal (which she now hates), would run away like mad the second you got in a store, enjoyed taking naps with Mom and so many other countless things I can't even name right here.
I cannot believe that my little girl is growing up. Time really does go by fast and have always been told that by other parents (whose kids were past the "little" kid stage) but now I truly believe them. I am so proud of Mckelsie, as her Mother. She is a bright young lady (even though she will burp so loud in the middle of a restaurant and laugh....and laugh) with so much love to give. She is a good daughter and sister.
I am lucky to have been blessed to have her call me Mom.
I love you Mckelsie!















No comments:

Post a Comment