Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Memories

I am bewildered how one image, one thought or one word can take you back in an instant, to a certain place in time. I was just reminded of a very hard, dark and confusing time of my life and it only took one word....to get me there. How very unfair life can be. I do have to acknowledge the fact that even though I was taken back across a darkened familiar journey, the valley's didn't seem as deep as they once were with the mountain so far away. The saying; "Time heals all wounds" is somewhat accurate in my case, however based on my strength, love of those around me and my growing ability to know my self worth, I will continue to keep climbing my way to the top of the mountain.

I sat watching Oprah yesterday with a very heavy heart. There were 4 different sex offenders who spoke and were actually very candidly open, regarding their devastating choices. One being a father that sexually molested his 12 year old daughter. So close to home on so many levels and honestly with one word, I was taken back mentally (it always surprises me that I also react physically as well...heart pounds, shortness of breath, nervousness) through alot of heartache and despair. There was one comment that I don't think that I will ever forget, "I killed the life that she could've had. I murdered her soul". Trouble is, the person abused is not always the only one affected. The devastation of the abuse is widespread.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for such awlful, life long memories, that will never fade or go away. If it is any consulation, I think you have become such a strong and beautiful person because of the tradity. Plus because you have exspreince this trial, you have been an uplifting example to me and have served me with your support, kindness and friendship.

    ReplyDelete