Dr Carbone,
I just wanted to follow up with you regarding Mckelsie. I've continued to see extreme moodiness and anxiety with Mckelsie. She wakes up every morning literally yelling and very awnry. It doesn't matter what I say or do…she is not happy. During the school hours her teacher has told me that the morning is extremely hard. She exhibits the same moodiness for the first hour or two and then finally settles in by around lunch time. By the time school is out she is usually quite happy. This happiness doesn't last long. She constantly is talking about how pretty everyone else is and that she is not pretty at all, that no one likes her and that she has no one her age to play with. Her self esteem is not good. She complains over the smallest things and is constantly comparing herself to others. Yesterday was her last day of the school year and I'm hoping that being able to have a break from that will help ease the tension at home. One thing that I'd like to mention, Mckelsie has been complaining that she doesn't like to take the Klonopin. She says that she wants to go back to her old medicine because that doesn't make her head hurt. I'm not sure if it really does give her headaches as she is a bit of a worrier and hypochondriac at times. I'm not really sure how to read these comments but she has mentioned it several times.
As we discussed in our last appointment, I am looking into applying for SSI. I have made several attempts to call the SSI department and left several messages with no avail. A friend actually just told me about an attorney who helps in getting the application submitted for this and so that is next on my list….to check into that route. I don't know that I would qualify but being a single mom with full financial burdens, anything would help right now.
I notified the school district that I would like Mckelsie to get tested for Autism and provided them the note that you gave to me. I just got word back from Mckelsie's teacher that they are processing this request and will be getting ready for testing soon. I have a direct contact now and plan to follow up with him to see if we can't get the testing done this summer instead of waiting until next school year.
Charles Ashcraft, M.S.School Psychologist801-578-8326FAX: 801-578-8536
I just thought I'd send a quick email to touch base with you and let you know that not much has changed. I have made an appointment with your new office for July 7th. Let me know if you have any suggestions for now.
Thank you for all your help. I truly appreciate it. Rebecca
you've become quite the Blogger. Good for you! I really enjoy your posts, especially the pictures. Looks as if you had fun in Moab. I think your letter to Mekelsie's Doctor is perfect.
ReplyDelete