Baseball... Wow, the dedication and time that it takes to have a boy in baseball! We've been baptized by fire, meaning we're learning of the culture of the baseball arena. Jayden has been practicing 4 days a week. Now that games have started he usually will play games twice a week and practice the other 2 days. Practices are two hours long....might I add, Jayden is 7 years old! It's been a bit of shock to say the least. I'm also learning that my motherly, protective instincts have kicked in as well. Jayden only played one inning in the outfield and didn't even get to bat for his first game. Seeing him sit on the bench for pretty much the entire game is heart renching. His second game...the coach heard from me. He still however was not put in the game until the top of the third inning. He did get up to bat (which he looked so little up there on the plate). Mind you...my motherly insticts are still on high alert. I've learned (from various reliable sources) the rules to Little League. Tonight is his third game and from my "research" he should be able to play the whole game! Let's hope the coach chooses fairly tonight!
Wow! 4 x week for practice? Are you traing Jayden for the pros? I thinks that's too much for little league. the league here only practices 1x week and games on Saturdays. Good Luck with the coach.
ReplyDelete