Thursday, December 16, 2010

Temple Square, Carriage Rides and Christmas Lights

Temple Square
Carriage Rides
Christmas Lights
Friends
Good Times
We went to Temple Square for the holiday season and enjoyed the beautiful Christmas Lights, "Piper Bob" (playing the bagpipes), great company with good friends and lots of happiness.
Our friends Layne and Caitlyn came with us. We ate dinner at the Nauvoo Cafe which has the best turkey sandwiches with this orange cranberry sauce that's to die for and took a carriage ride, which I've been wanting to do for years. It was the kids favorite part of the night (the horses name was Charlie). It was a fairly warm night and not very crowded at all.
I'm amazed at how, as a child the lights on Temple Square were so magical, but as an adult the magic has seemed to have faded. The temple though, is still just as peaceful looking as it ever has looked and felt before. It truly is a wonderful place to spend time....makes my heart at ease (and anyone that knows me, knows I'm not the "cheesy" type, but I really mean this).
Thank you Layne and Caitlyn for going with us! ;)

Jayden. (I need to ask him what he was thinking...)

Mckelsie and Rebecca

Layne and Caitlyn

Mckelsie (my kids are deep thinkers....)

Geeezzzz...my boy's handsome!

I keep telling Mckelsie that Caitlyn is what I call;
"A Forever Friend"
Mckelsie and Cait
(So SWEET!)

Jayden

Rebecca

Jayden and the horse Charlie
(The carriage ride was so awesome!)

Rebecca and Layne

I tried to get her to smile!!!
(I like Jayden's look in the background too.)

The Carriage Ride!
Jayden, Mckelsie, Caitlyn, Rebecca & Layne
I LOVE IT!

Caitlyn & Mckelsie

Dinner at the Nauvoo Cafe
















2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time. I've always wanted to go on a carriage ride. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun visit to Temple Square! I'm Jessica from Temple Square Hospitality and I just loved this post. I'm wondering if you'd be interested in allowing us to feature this story and some of your Temple Square pictures on our Tourism Blog!? This is a fun way to show others what kind of fun experiences they could have in visiting us here. If you would be interested, feel free to contact me anytime. I'd love to post your story!

    Thank you so much,

    Jessica Hunt
    jhunt@templesquarehospitality.com

    Tourism Blog:
    http://templesquarehospitality.com/blogs/tourism/

    ReplyDelete