Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Kids! Our love/hate relationships...


So, Jayden has had some problems recently. It began with lying. You never knew the truth when he told you something, like "my homeworks already done" or "I didn't have any" or "I promise I read that book" to name a few. I've discussed with him on numerous occassions that lying is bad, not acceptable and that it can hurt others along with himself. Now, we've added stealing along with the lying. I received an email from his teacher yesterday saying that he had a $10 bill and lots of quarters with him. I knew that Jayden didn't have that much money because he's a spender not a saver plus Mckelsie had said that she was missing $15 (she's my saver). I had a sneeking suspicion that he had taken the $10 from Mckelsie and that the quarters came from a quarter collection that his Grandpa Steve had worked on for over 8 years.... I was so angry!! I called the school to talk to Jayden, scolding him and letting him know that I knew and that we would talk about the punishment when he got home. That night I made him write the below:

I will not steal or lie.

He complained the whole time as he wrote over the page line after line. I reminded him that he was lucky that I wasn't making him do both the front and the back! I still haven't decided on a further punishment but knows he needs it.

HELP!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I think that is a great punishment! It sure brings the teacher out in you! :) I've told my one kid that I can't trust her because she has lied to me! Hearing those words, somehow cuts. Now, when I actually catch her telling the truth, I'll say "yep!, you're telling the truth!" and she'll respond, Do you trust me Now?" Trust is a big deal to her!

    ReplyDelete